Re: libecw

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 10:25:29AM +0100, Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta wrote:
>[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=293346

JPEG 2000 es no-libre.

<anibal> if a license limits you to not change the format of a file, is it dfsg compliant?
<asuffield> doubt it
<anibal> I'm reading http://bugs.debian.org/293346
<asuffield> jpeg 2000. I know how this is going to go
<anibal> that's right
<asuffield> yup, standard jpeg 2000 "forking is banned" license
<asuffield> we've seen that one before
<asuffield> utter joke it is
<anibal> may I quote your comment?
<asuffield> if you must, but the one you're looking for is the old jasper license
<asuffield> I think that one actually got unfucked in the end
<asuffield> few years ago on -legal
<asuffield> the basic problem is that it precludes the possibility of there ever being a jpeg 2006

Aníbal Monsalve Salazar
--
 .''`. Debian GNU/Linux
: :' : Free Operating System