Re: KTrack 0.3.0alpha1 packaged for unstable.

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 03:41:12PM +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 12:54:37PM +0200, Jaime Robles wrote:
> > I have packaged KTrack 0.3.0alpha1 for Debian unstable.
> > It has just a few linda/lintian error and warnings but i still don't know how
> > to fix them and i think they are not grave. :-)
>
> E: ktrack: package-has-a-duplicate-relation xlibs (>> 4.1.0), xlibs (>> 4.2.0)
> N:
> N:   The package seems to declare a relation on another package which is
> N:   already implied by other relations it declares, and is therefore
> N:   redundant. This is not only sloppy but can break some tools.
>
> This is probably worth fixing.

  This is mainly a (known) problem in XFree package. For fixing it you
  need some hack that appeared in debian-mentors some time ago.

  I think that 90% of packages depending on xlibs are not being fixed,
  as the problem is more cosmetic than any other thing

--
  Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
     jsogo@debian.org