Re: RFS: 7kaa 2.15.6+ds-1 (paused) and 7kaa-music 2.15-1

Hi P.J,

Am Freitag, dem 22.12.2023 um 07:22 -0500 schrieb P. J. McDermott:
> On 2023-12-18 at 11:52, P. J. McDermott wrote:
> > Markus and team,
> >
> > 7kaa 2.15.6+ds-1 is pushed to Salsa [1] and ready for review.  If you
> > upload it, I'll push a debian/2.15.6+ds-1 tag.

Thanks for your contribution. I've just uploaded the new release and also
pushed the tag. The new changes from yesterday are also included.

[...]
> > Can you please also go to the CI/CD settings [3][4] and under "General
> > pipelines" set "CI/CD configuration file" to "debian/salsa-ci.yml"?
> > Also, for the games-team/7kaa-music repository, upload debian/7kaa.png
> > from the 7kaa package as an avatar and set the description to
> > "7kaa-music packaging".
> >
> > [3]: https://salsa.debian.org/games-team/7kaa/-/settings/ci_cd

That should work now.

Regarding 7kaa-music; while I appreciate all your effort for 7kaa, I still
believe that for non-free music Debian is not the right place, even it is part
of Debian's non-free distribution. That's just my personal opinion, others may
view this issue completely different. If I remember correctly then I have
removed non-free music from foobillardplus in the past, which was nice, but
absolutely not needed to enjoy the game since all sound effects were free.
However I explained in README.Debian [1] where to install the music files in
case someone wanted to listen to the music. And thus I believe it would be
quite simple to do the same for 7kaa. Yes it requires manual user intervention
and it is less convenient but Debian is all about free software and media and
music is probably one of the least important things to ship in non-free IMO.
What worked for me as well was to ask the original music creators of
marsshooter to re-license their work, which they actually did. But just as I
said, this is my personal opinion, so don't be surprised if I don't sponsor
7kaa-music. Anyways, happy holidays!

Markus

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/games-team/foobillardplus/-/blob/master/debian/foobillardplus.README.Debian