Request to join Games Team to work on 7kaa

Hi team,

I am interested in helping maintain the 7kaa package in the Games Team,
as it looks like the recent uploader is inactive.

I would like to update to the new upstream version released 2023-09-22,
update the upstream Git URI in debian/watch so uscan continues to find
future versions, simplify a large invasive Debian-specific patch [1],
clarify the repacksuffix in debian/watch from "+dfsg" to "+ds" [1], and
build and install the game manual file in 7kaa-data.

I use the program and am familiar with the code, having contributed
upstream so far over a dozen patches, most of which were accepted.  I'm
experienced with Debian packaging, Debian Policy, and Git, and I've been
using and contributing to Debian since 2010.  However I am not a DM or
DD, so I would need a sponsor if I make any uploads.  If/when that time
comes, I assume I should send an RFS here, on Mentors, on wnpp, and on
the Games/Sponsors/Queue wiki page?

I have requested access to the Salsa group, username "pehjota".

Thanks!

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/games-team/7kaa/-/merge_requests/5
--
Patrick "P. J." McDermott:  http://www.pehjota.net/