Re: Ogre > 1.12

Dear Debian developers,

During the late summer, I launched a bottle in the sea about the status of the Ogre package. I didn't get any answer so far, but I give a new try today. :)

I took a look at the dependencies, I can see there are only a few:

# apt-cache rdepends libogre1.12.10

libogre1.12.10
Reverse Depends:
  libogre-1.12-dev
  rviz
  python3-ogre-1.12
  ogre-1.12-tools
  libsight
  librviz6d
  libmygui.ogreplatform0debian1v5

So, to sum up, other ogre packages, sight (so me :) ), libmygui and rviz. Sight already builds with 1.14, libmygui too, for rviz I don't know but it looks quite active so I don't see any reason they could not update. I did myself the update from 1.12 to 1.14 in sight and it was not that dramatic. So in my humble opinion, it is maybe not worth keeping a 1.12 version.

Once again, if that can help, I can offer to work on this or to work on a new ogre-1.14 package. I just need some guidance to know if I should start with the current repository or a fresh one, and of course some sponsorship to get access to the repo and provide support for the upload.

Best regards,

*Dr. Flavien BRIDAULT*
Director of Software Development
IRCAD France & IRCAD Africa

flavien.bridault@ircad.fr <mailto:flavien.bridault-louchez@ircad.fr>
Tél. : +33 (0)3 88 119 201
		IRCAD France
http://www.ircad.fr/
http://www.ircad.africa/ <http://www.ircad.fr/>

Suivez l'IRCAD sur Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/pages/IRCAD/193785273990141>

*IRCAD France*
Hôpitaux Universitaires - 1, place de l'Hôpital - 67091 Strasbourg Cedex - FRANCE