Re: Package mah-jong needs some care

Hi !

I apologize for replying sooo long after your reply.
Thank you for replying to my post !

This seems like it might duplicate some part of the existing Debian QA
infrastructure (perhaps one of the UDD scripts). Please at minimum,
register a Debian wiki account and link to your dashboard from the
Debian QA wiki page.

Done, I added the link.

Personally I suggest you contribute to the
existing QA infrastructure rather than use your external project.

Still on my infinite TODO list and browser tabs.
It should be somewhere in https://salsa.debian.org/qa/udd/ that I need to contribute.

This package is not maintained by the Debian Games Team, so we are the
wrong people to contact about that. I note there is already a bug open
about the new upstream release. The maintainer hasn't been active since
Jan 2021, so perhaps they should be reported as MIA and their packages
orphaned so that other folks can adopt and update them. Alternatively
the mah-jong package could be salvaged by someone who is interested.

Thank you, now I better understand the procedure.
If I was not involved in Debian I would not understand that the games team says it's not up to them to get it back and running. My thoughts emailing the list is that maybe someone would want to salvage the package.
Seems like nobody wants to, and that's okay.
The package still works, cool.

Please add me as a cc for any replies, I am not in the list.

--
William Desportes