Re: dosbox-staging (#973822) or dosbox-x (#1022800)?

Hi,

On Fri, 21 Apr 2023 20:49:11 +0200, Patrice Duroux <patrice.duroux@gmail.com>
wrote:
> This is somehow a continuation of #1022779.
>
> DOSBox Staging has gained some recent posts on its ITP that remind me of
> this.
>
> DOSBox-X has got a first attempt:
> https://ftp-master.debian.org/new/dosbox-x_0.84.3+dfsg-1~exp1.html?
>
> But I don't know why its packaging is not (or no longer) on Salsa.

When creating a package with complex licensing, I always wait for the package
to be approved by the FTP team before uploading the corresponding repository
to Salsa.

> For info, here what Repology says:
> https://repology.org/project/dosbox-x/versions.
>
> Any opinions / progress?

I pushed some changes in DOSBox-X upstream to simplify the Debian package; I
need to update the Debian package to the new DOSBox-X release but I haven’t
got round to it yet.

I’m not involved in the dosbox-staging packaging effort so I can’t comment on
that.

Regards,

Stephen