Re: Package mah-jong needs some care

On Mon, 2023-01-09 at 16:07 +0400, William Desportes wrote:

> While browsing my quality dashboard:
> https://debian.dashboard.air-balloon.cloud/en/dashboard

This seems like it might duplicate some part of the existing Debian QA
infrastructure (perhaps one of the UDD scripts). Please at minimum,
register a Debian wiki account and link to your dashboard from the
Debian QA wiki page. Personally I suggest you contribute to the
existing QA infrastructure rather than use your external project.

https://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org
https://wiki.debian.org/UltimateDebianDatabase
https://udd.debian.org/

> I found this package with no upload since quite a while.
> I decided to email you this package so it get's some care.
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/mah-jong

This package is not maintained by the Debian Games Team, so we are the
wrong people to contact about that. I note there is already a bug open
about the new upstream release. The maintainer hasn't been active since
Jan 2021, so perhaps they should be reported as MIA and their packages
orphaned so that other folks can adopt and update them. Alternatively
the mah-jong package could be salvaged by someone who is interested.

https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=nboullis
https://contributors.debian.org/contributor/nboullis@debian/
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/beyond-pkging.en.html#mia-qa
https://wiki.debian.org/PackageSalvaging

> Please add me as a cc for any replies, I am not in the list.

Done, I'm subscribed though.

--
bye,
pabs