Re: Could somebody think of packaging wrysum. I could help with testing :)

In-line :-

On 28/06/2022, Matija Nalis <mnalis-debiangames@l.voyager.hr> wrote:
> Did you have any further progress on this, shirish?
>
> I see you almost got there:
> https://github.com/Andrettin/Wyrmsun/issues/177#issuecomment-1059825123

I don't want to install it in /usr/local/bin or /usr/local . It should
install as a regular package.

It somehow feels dirty and then when you have to remove something like
$ sudo rm -rf /usr/local/bin/wrsym or something like that with no idea
if anything is elsewhere.

I much prefer the standard way of purging packages.

$ sudo aptitude purge wrysum.

If that last step could be helped. I hope there is a way to do that,
even if the final package at my end says wtysum+1local.deb or
something like it.

Looking forward to know how to do it :) Hope I am making sense.

> but then it stopped. Did it work?
> Are you still interested in helping trying to get this packaged in Debian?

Just answered the both above.

> On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 08:54:54PM +0100, Matija Nalis wrote:
>> It sounds interesting.
>>
>> Could you additionally first verify:
>>
>> - does the game require any libraries/tools which are not already
>>   packaged in Debian?
>>
>> - is the game playable? (i.e. without major bugs, crashes, or only
>>   with demo/testing levels etc.) - e.g. have you (or someone else)
>>   actually played the game to some extent? Especially as it seems
>>   that in the times past, it was in much worse state than freecraft?
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 07:40:39AM +0000, shirish शिरीष wrote:
>> > There is a game called wrysum. [1] . It uses something called
>> > wrymgus/stratugus [2]. Stratagus already has an RFP open for it from
>> > 2016 [3]. It perhaps might be a good game to be included in Debian. I
>> > looked up the licenses, at a glance, all licenses seem to be FOSS so
>> > distribution should not be an issue.
>> >
>> > Looking forward to know more :)
>> >
>> > 1. https://github.com/andrettin/wyrmsun
>> > 2. https://github.com/Andrettin/Wyrmgus
>> > 3. https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=810304
>>

> --
> Opinions above are GNU-copylefted.

          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
https://flossexperiences.wordpress.com

E493 D466 6D67 59F5 1FD0 930F 870E 9A5B 5869 609C