Re: UQM (The Ur-Quan Masters) needs help?

On Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 09:26:21PM +0100, Matija Nalis wrote:
> I think "uqm" and "uqm-content" should be eligible for salvaging.
>
> In addition to open bugs: #640881, #483637, #1007556 for which I've
> contributed (pending) fixes, I've also tried contacting Dmitry directly
> by e-mail on 2022-01-20 and 2022-02-16, with no response so far.
>
> If I understand correctly, one needs to be DD (or at least DM?) to start the salvaging process
>
> I myself am quite willing to put the effort needed to keep this package bugfixed and up to date
> for prolonged time; however I'm not DD/DM myself.
>
> I've prepared MR's at Salsa for both packages (which are waiting for
> someone to merge them) to update to new upstream versions, fix
> obsolete packaging, clear up lintian warnings, add autopkgtest etc.:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/games-team/uqm-content/-/merge_requests
> https://salsa.debian.org/games-team/uqm/-/merge_requests/4
>
> Those seems to work for me, but need someone to merge them / sponsor
> the packages.

Would someone from Debian Games Team (or any other instested DD/DM)
be willing to help salvaging "Ur-Quan Masters" game?

I've done all the work of fixing reported bugs and updating to new
upstream, as well as documented changes in changelog, so basically
all the work is done, but DD or DM privileges are needed to proceed.

Basically it just need some DD/DM to open a bug in order to initiate
the salvaging process as described at:
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.en.html#package-salvaging
and then review/merge the MRs above.

I'll gladly do any additional work needed to help with this,
just let me know what is needed.

--
Opinions above are GNU-copylefted.