Re: Export my package BlastEm to the Debian Games team

Hallo Carlos,

On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 09:30:42AM -0800, Carlos Donizete Froes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to export my BlastEm package which is in my -guest account
> to the Debian Games team in salsa.d.o.
>
> Login: coringao-guest
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/coringao-guest/blastem

Sorry, that I have again to be the game spoiler, but as I asked you
already on diffeent software but on quite a similiar situation:

_Why_ did you fork this?

There are no obvious reasons, upstream[1] is very active (and has
actually released a newer version than yours) and your changes to the
source code are fixing typos, and those mostly in comments. I could not
find any difference that. That does NOT make you the upstream author.

Maybe I was not explict enough: Such forks are damaging to the FLOSS
ecosystem. Forks should ONLY done for severe reasons.

Forks like this one might be even seen as quite offensive, as it
looks like that you want to take credits where credits are not due.

Work with upstream. Do not fork without *severe* reasons.

IMHO, if we include blastem, than from [1].

--
tobi

[1] https://www.retrodev.com/repos/blastem