Re: Some more games for the Debian games team to package

Hi,

On 08/03/2018 06:54 AM, Markus Koschany wrote:
Hi,

Am 02.08.2018 um 23:55 schrieb Hans de Goede:
Hi,

So after seeing:
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Debian-Games-2018

I realized that there are probably a few games in Fedora which are
not in Debian yet.

So following the gotta catch them all principle I
thought I would share a list of those I'm aware of
with you.

Thanks a lot for sharing your list. There are also some games that are
in Debian but not in Fedora, though I haven't compiled a list yet.

Oh I'm sure there is a long list of those, unfortunately the Fedora
Games SIG has not been all that active the last few years.

It is
always a bit hard to find contributors who want to maintain those games.

Yes, same for us.

I assume this is our main blocking issue for introducing all those older
Allegro games.

Maybe, some of these are somewhat obscure / ported by my to Linux
for inclusion in Fedora specifically.

Regards,

Hans

[...]
crystal-stacker (1)
flyingsaucersattack
lacewing
machineball
raidem
scorchwentbonkers
shippy
worminator
zasx

[...]

I might take a look at them in the future, just to learn more about
gameplay and artworks. However I believe Allegro 4 is pretty much
obsolete, so we have to port them to Allegro 5 eventually. Not sure if
it will be worth the effort.

Regards,

Markus