Re: [Mailman] Excessive or fatal bounces

Hi Markus,

> How can I avoid that his subscription gets disabled by mailman?
> I presume just increasing the value for fatal bounces isn't the
> best solution? How can I turn off bounce action notifications?

You can tweak or disable bounce processing here:
https://alioth-lists.debian.net/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/pkg-games-devel/bounce

> Is there a way to enable a more efficient spam filter for our
> mailing list? Currently we receive way too much spam email and
> I wonder if there is already a standard mail filter in place
> which we could use for our list too?

You already have some spam filtering enabled, please find the
details here:

https://alioth-lists.debian.net/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/pkg-games-devel/privacy/spam

On the other hand, I found this article and the script linked
there very useful when dealing with large amounts of spam in
one mailman setup, though you'll have to put non-member posts
on hold, as Dominic suggested:

http://taint.org/2003/08/06/025411a.html

Hope this helps,
Alex