Tower of Hanoi CLI Implementation

Hello,

A couple of days ago I started a command-line implementation of the popular Tower of Brahma (Tower of Hanoi) game and almost finished a playable version. It has autoplay feature also, with various command line args to tweak its behavior (still to document).

You can see the code here:
https://gitlab.com/nandedamana/hanoi-cli-game

It is a silly program I know, but I happened to develop it simply because I couldn't find an alternative on the official repo. I had discussed with the GNU people and they are ready to include it as a GNU package if I can modify it conforming to the GNU coding standards so that it becomes an example for the GNU style. They suggested adding programming feature also, which I believe is a cool idea (will do that later).

But my primary aim is to put it on Debian so that one day I can request it to be referred by games-console package. I have a couple of useful (unlike this one, really useful) packages to be put on the repo, but I'd like to start from this simple one. I know that I have to follow the Debian policies. I can do that -- the CHANGELOG, COPYING, ... stuff like that. I can also build a .deb package conforming to the standards. But first I'd like to know whether there is any use in spending time for that. Currently all it has is a simple non-portable Makefile. I'll start working on the rest after hearing from you.

Nandakumar Edamana
https://nandakumar.co.in/
https://nandakumar.org/