Re: Monster Masher

Am 18.10.2017 um 22:27 schrieb Ole Laursen:
> Hi!
>
> I noticed that the little GNOME game Monster Masher was featured here
>
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2017/10/msg00299.html
>
> I'm upstream. I'm afraid I never got around to porting it to GNOME 3,
> for various reasons.
>
> These days, I must admit I think the game would make more sense if
> rewritten to HTML + JS, perhaps as a downloadable bundle. Might do that
> some day, if time permits. In the mean time, I think it would best to
> drop it from Debian.
>

> Thanks for having taken care of the package for so long,

Thank you for contacting us about Monster Masher. It is unfortunate but
I think we can't do much about the removal of unsupported GNOME
libraries. The best solution would be to port the game to GNOME 3 but if
you can't help us with this task, I fear we won't have much choice
except to follow your advice and remove the game from Debian.

The following games are affected by the removal of GNOME libs:

gamazons
ghextris
gnome-breakout
gnomekiss
grhino
langdrill
monster-masher
pegsolitaire
teg

Apart from pegsolitaire, gnome-breakout and ghextris we don't have many
alternatives in Debian. As usual, whoever reads this, we need you. :)

Regards,

Markus