Re: Looking sponsor for my package - Osmose Emulator

> Well https://duckduckgo.com/?q=site%3Agithub.com+osmose+emulator&t=hk&ia=web
> I see only your fork [0], with no git history at all and just one
> commit from 18 days ago; the lutris continuation fork [1], with a new
> tagged release from April 2016, Qt5 support and unbundled minizip (so
> moving to quazip is not particularly needed); and various forks
> related to a RasPi port.
>
> So I don't really see "dozens of projects" that would warrant the need
> to create yet another fork. Before contributing the lutris fork, I
> searched a lot for potential continuations of the upstream project and
> found none other.
>
> > After the emulator was for Debian decided to improve it.
> >

> I don't think it's the Debian policy to fork and maintain separately
> projects which are already being maintained elsewhere, and especially
> not for the sole benefit of Debian. If every distro maintainer started
> forking all upstream projects for their own distro, the libre/open
> source ecosystem would have a hard way providing interesting
> solutions.
>
> Now, I haven't checked the source code of your fork and it might be
> superior technically, but I find it sad that you blatantly ignored my
> invitation months ago to have a look at the lutris fork and contribute
> their to help maintain this emulator.
> Hopefully you'll continue developing osmose further and we can soon
> drop the lutris fork and use yours as new upstream...
>
> Regards,
> Rémi
>
> [0] https://github.com/coringao/osmose-emulator
> [1] https://github.com/lutris/osmose

Sorry, but all my projects is only done in my particular machine.

I'm working for the first time on github, so that was created this
month, I'm sorry to ignore your invitation, I am now learning to use
github and intention is to improve it.

We can do this fork without problems, if you have a free time we can see
better in this case.

Thank you and sorry for me my inattention.

--
Carlos Donizete Froes [a.k.a coringao]
- https://wiki.debian.org/coringao