Re: Freciv in Stretch

Hi,

>Debian is about to freeze for Stretch in a less than a year.
>For freeciv this means that Stretch will still have freeciv-2.5 as
>freeciv-2.6 will not be ready in time. So here I list couple of
>points you may want to consider improving in the way freeciv-2.5
>is packaged.

sometimes, you can update a 2.5-gitsnapshot, and if in the meanwhile
(between freeze and Stretch release) a new stable release comes out,
ask for a freeze exception if the delta is not too huge.

I did that for another package I was upstream.
Of course this is up to upstream and the maintainer, to see if the changes
are worth an inclusion, and if the current snapshot is suitable to be
stable enough for end user (there is a possibility that ends up into Stretch)

G.