Re: freecell-solver in Debian needs updating to version 4.2.0 and its homepage link updated

Hi Markus!

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 16:39:55 +0200
Markus Koschany <apo@debian.org> wrote:

> Am 25.04.2016 um 15:56 schrieb Shlomi Fish:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > See: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=820440 and
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=808709 . I also noticed
> > that on https://packages.debian.org/sid/freecell-solver-bin the description
> > reads:
> >
> > "
> > Freecell Solver is a library for automatically solving boards of Freecell
> > and similar variants of card Solitaire. This package contains the header
> > files and static libraries necessary for developing programs using Freecell
> > Solver.
> >
> > This package contains the binaries included with freecell-solver
> > "
> >
> > The two "This package contains" sentences contradict one another.
> >
> > Can all these problems be looked into and fixed?
>
> Hi!
>
> freecell-solver is not maintained by the Games Team but by Gergely
> Risko.

Can a different packager or apprentice upload updates instead of him?

> You have done the right thing already by filing bug reports, now
> you should give the maintainer a bit more time to respond. If he doesn't
> reply in the next months,

The original bug was filed over 4 months ago and a newer release of Freecell
Solver, than the one available in Debian, was available since 27 September 2015
(about 7 months ago)
- see http://fc-solve.shlomifish.org/docs/distro/NEWS.html . How long should I
still wait? Does anyone know when is the last time that Gergely Risko was
active? How do I tell that based on
https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=risko@debian.org ?

> you could also prepare a non-maintainer upload
> yourself and ask on the debian-mentors mailing list for sponsorship.

That sounds like a good idea. When does the Debian etiquette require me to wait
before I do this?

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish