Re: would somebody be interested in updating liballegro from 5.0 to 5.2 ?

at bottom :-

On 20/04/2016, Gianfranco Costamagna <costamagnagianfranco@yahoo.it> wrote:
> You opened bug 704141, maybe just retitle it, answer to questions the
> maintainer asked you
>

> quoting Tobias,
> "Allegro 5.1 is Allegro's unstable branch. From the release news:
>
> "This is a Work-In-Progress (WIP) release of the unstable 5.1 branch.
> The 5.1 branch is source compatible, but not binary compatible, with the
> stable 5.0 branch. It contains provisional new features which are
> subject to change at any time."
>
> That's only suitable for Debian experimental I would say. I'm currently
> not planning to package it. If nobody else does, the new features will
> come to Debian when Allegro 5.2 is released.
>
> Cheers,
> Tobias Hansen"
>

> cheers,
>
> G.

<snipped>

Dear Gianfranco,

Allegro 5.2 got released about 2 weeks back. Precisely on 2016-04-01 .
You can wget http://download.gna.org/allegro/allegro/5.2.0/allegro-5.2.0.tar.gz
.

As shared the changelog of 5.2 can be seen at
http://liballeg.org/changes-5.2.html

What you have quoted is the state of affairs in 2013. What I have
shared is as of date.

Hope that clears any confusion that I may have done.

Btw I did send a mail to control@bugs.debian.org with the following content -

retitle 704141 liballegro5.0:upstream has released 5.2 please
update/upgrade in archive.
thank you

Hopefully that fixed it.
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल