Re: Distro-agnostic advice for Godot Engine packaging (related to ITP #793057)

> > Then there are the SVG icon and desktop file, that's pretty
> > straightforward (I'm not using the upstream SVG icon as I don't like
> > it's "Android app-like" background :), so I made my own without the
> > background).
>
> Have you considered getting this merged upstream?

http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-games/quake.git/tree/Makefile#n337

Hi,

You may ask that the background of the icon to be moved
to an other SVG layer, then it could be removed at build time
with xmlstartlet and/or inkscape.

Example:

http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-games/quake.git/tree/Makefile#n337

Greets,