Re: homepage(s) for game-data-packager

Am 01.09.2015 um 15:34 schrieb Alexandre Detiste:
> Le lundi 31 août 2015, 14:35:41 Markus Koschany a écrit :
[...]
>> A blend could be just the metapackage(s) and a homepage.
>> A nice feature of the blends approach is that you
>> get a homepage like http://blends.debian.org/games/tasks/finest for free
>> by just declaring a few packages in your task file.
>
> But these G-D-P packages never land in the official archives;
> how could the blend know about them ? They would just come
> up as some random virtual packages.

I thought about the creation of metapackages for existing games and
engines in contrib. They would show up on those pages. Of course you can
create custom metapackages as well. For instance "games-scummvm" would
install scummvm and all available free and non-free games like Indy4,
Sam & Max, etc. Since those metapackages are in contrib you are allowed
to depend on g-d-p, so you could create customized postinst scripts to
suite your needs and adjust the packaging to your liking.

Also possible would be to create a standalone metapackage like
"indiana-jones-4" which would depend on scummvm and g-d-p. Everything
could be done automatically, if the postinst scripts were customized.
There are various other use cases which I could imagine.

Markus