LordsAWar! version 0.3.0 released
LordsAWar! version 0.3.0, a clone of the turn-based strategy game Warlords II, has been released with the following changes:
* added new scenario Duel Of The Gods.
* added new items to burn bridges, charm monsters in ruins, call for angels, send disease to a city, banish worms, raise defenders, and persuade neutral city.
* added program to upgrade old versions of lordsawar saved games.
* added program to import maps from Warlords 2.
* audited battle probabilities in comparison with Warlords 2.
* scenario editor can now export the map to a PNG file.
* added fight order editor to the scenario editor.
* updated to gtkmm version 3.
* now using unicode everywhere. migrated from std::string to glib::ustring.
* migrated from libtar to libarchive.
Fixed various gameplay bugs:
* heroes were never showing up as women.
* fixed bug where clicking the smallmap repeatedly and quickly would crash the game.
* fixed bug in joining stacks in the scenario editor.
* fixed many bugs in network play, thanks to Roger R.
I'd really like it if you guys could update the debian package so that people can play this new version.
Barry Defreese did the last packaging of lordsawar, but unfortunately I don't think he's too active anymore, so I hope that somebody else on the games team can do it.
The tarball is located here: http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/lordsawar/lordsawar-0.3.0.tar.gz
By the way, CC me because I'm off list.