Re: Request to add 2048 command line game

Hi Chandra,

usually the best way to have something in Debian is to package it, and upload on mentors.debian.net, trying to find a sponsor for it,
otherwise if you don't have packaging skills you can ask for an RFP (request for packaging) [1]

Unfortunately the Debian community usually tries to avoid duplication of code/similar functionalities, and a similar game is already packaged at this moment [2]

do you think your game is worth an inclusion in the main repository?

[1] https://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/
[2] https://packages.qa.debian.org/2/2048-qt.html

(please don't be sad for this, having code duplication is worse for many reasons, if your game is better you might have a chance to see it included, otherwise likely not. Please also note that I'm not a Developer, so I won't be able to help you in any case, I'm just reporting what seems to be the best common pratice here)

cheers,

Gianfranco