Re: RFS: endless-sky/0.7.9-1 [ITP]

Thanks for the quick feedback!

If SSE 4.1 is not acceptable, is it possible to at least depend on SSE 3? I use some SSE intrinsics to optimize geometric calculations. Should I modify the code so those instructions are used only if a special command line option is given? That would mean all the official packages would be un-optimized, even though all i386 and amd64 processors from the last decade support SSE 3.

For libjpeg, right now I use the JCS_EXT_BGRA option (converting to 32-bit BGRA color when decoding JPEGs). The reason I specified libpeg-turbo is because other libjpeg implementations may not include that extension. (But, I see that libjpeg-turbo is the default implementation of libjpeg on Debian, anyway.) Is it safe to just specify plain libjpeg as the dependency?

-Michael