Re: Inclusion of the game NetMauMau into Debian repos

Hi Heiko,

(please note: I'm *not* a sponsor neither a DD)

I guess the first step is to open an ITP, to clean up your package and to upload on mentors opening an RFS bug.

Some nitpicks: the changelog should contain only one entry with "Initial Release (Closes: #XXXX)"
-compat level now seems to be 9
-std-version 3.9.6
(maybe you might find useful to run wrap-and-sort on your debian directory)
-your debian rules seems somewhat confusing, are you sure you need all this stuff (switching to debhelper might reduce a lot the file)?

-copyright file might be missing of some fields (e.g. upstream name).

-You are both upstream and debian, but I people might like more when the debian packaging is stripped from the upstream directory.

-When you update the debian release (e.g. because of some debian packaging issue fixed) you might find useless to release
a new upstream release.

-Also other distros might find useless the debian packaging in the source tree.

-quilt format allows you to do the correct split

-also using both dh-autoreconf and autotools-dev seems useless, with the new debhelper you can just call dh --with autoreconf

-many build dependencies might be removed safely (I didn't check, but some of them seems useless and old)

-the if amd64 on debian rules seems to suggest some flags needed on some architectures, this is better to be moved in autotools files, because other distro might not spot the problem, and build it wrongly.

- I don't know why you ship 4 libraries, but I didn't look at the code :)

there might be something more, I didn't check the whole package neither I tried to build it :)
cheers,

Gianfranco