Re: One last WorldForge project library

On Mon, 2014-10-13 at 20:35 -0500, Olek wrote:
> Fellow Games Team members,
>
> I'm pleased to report that I've taken the last part of the WorldForge
> project under the Games Team umbrella. I've updated alioth[1] with the
> latest libwfut[2] packaging. I've also uploaded it to mentors[3]. I
> would appreciate feedback (or sponsorship!) for this package. Hopefully
> Stephen Webb and I can get the rest of the project polished up before
> the freeze as well.
>
> Note that libwfut packaging diverged on git when it was orphaned so I
> did my best to put everything back together smartly. In case the
> repository looks funny, that's why.
>
> Thanks in advance to anyone who has time to take a look!
>
> -Olek
>
> [1]
> https://alioth.debian.org/plugins/scmgit/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=pkg-games/libwfut.git;a=summary
> [2] https://packages.qa.debian.org/libw/libwfut.html
> [3] https://mentors.debian.net/package/libwfut

Hi Olek,

I'm back, so lets go.

(Note, I'm working from the git repository)

- patch 003-manpage-to-section-6.patch
You shouldn't patch autogenerated files (Makefile.in) as they should be
autogenerated by autoreconf

- d/control
There are trailing whitespaces. I suggest to run wrap-and-sort(1),

- d/changelog:

I would format/write a little different: However, this is mostly
"personal style" so keep it if you want.
 -> You are the new maintainer, so just write "new maintainer"
 -> Its team managed, so write "Team managed under the Debian games
team"
Reasoning is that a maintainer must be human (Policy 3.3) and my
proposal would put emphasis on it that you are the new maintainer
(read: the main carer of the package)
(I'm not sure about this, just a reminder:) You shouldn't add Stephen as
uploader unless he you have previously agreed with him on this.
I would also not indent that information but put it on the first level.
Hard to word this right, so, I mean, write this:

  * New upstream release
  * New maintainer (Closes: #653974)
  * Team maintained under the Debian Games Team
  (...)

- d/control
-> I think  Multi-Arch: same  is missing for the library package,
see https://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/Implementation for the necessary
bits (like the Pre-Depends: you'll need)

- d/docs
Don't install TODO, it has not information for the user

Please ask upstream if they could line-wrap README to 80 chars
(actually, I would patch this in the package and submit the patch
upstream)

Thats it :) Package looks very fine, please take a look at above points
and let me know when ready. Many thanks for adopting the package!

--
tobi