Re: welcome to the games team Example Example!

On Sun, 2014-09-07 at 19:14 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> Hi Tobias,
>
> I've just added you to pkg-games, welcome to the team! Please use this
> opportunity to introduce yourself to the team; what games you are
> interested in, what you plan to work on within the team etc.
>
> Please join the IRC channel and mailing lists. You can find more
> information about the team and ways to get involved on our wiki pages:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/Games/Team
> https://wiki.debian.org/Games/Development

Thanks pabs!

About me..
Name's tobi and I'm a DD since July living in Germany. I'm not locked
into any particular game type, I can be "captivated*" by almost every genre
(maybe except sport games)

I previously did some RC-bugs-fixing and transition-fixing in the
games-pkg's team area, for example the around ember, eris, mercator,
wfmath. As those packages are maintained in the pkg-teams' git
repository I thought that it be nice to push my changes to the
repository, so therefore I applied for access to the repository and I
got a full team membership.... Cool :-)

My plans?

I'm still a quite young DD, so still in the "DD learning phase". Also I
do not "own" a games package (probably yet), but for sure I will try to
give an helping hand wherever needed, for example sponsoring uploads,
helping fixing (RC)-bugs, mentoring people (especially if they declared
intent to become DD oneday ;-)).  etc... (Certainly I'm also available
to help outside of the scope of pkg-games)

Beside that, let's see what the future brings...

* hedgeqars was a good tip, Gianfranco... I enjoyed this Worms-type-Game
 since at least my Amiga times...

--
tobi