Re: Need opinion on a configuration parser library

Thanks for the replies, Michael and Paul!

You could provide a compile time option either to use built-inparser for those distros allow that or external one for those that don't (like Fedora in your example). As for my own project, I use own INI format parser since I extended the format a bit.
You're right - it would give maximum portability, even for
people who may install it by source.
But I think it's kinda troublesome on the code. This is a small
project and I only need a simple key-value-like configuration
so YAML/JSON seems better.

For Debian/Fedora perhaps you can use this INI parser:

https://packages.debian.org/sid/libini-config-dev

You could also use a different configuration file format with better
libraries - YAML or JSON for example.
I agree with you and that's what I'll stick with.
JSON and YAML have way more alternatives - and on this particular
case I'll use YAML.

The C[0] and C++[1] libraries are simple-to-use and available on
most major distros (all of those mentioned on the last email).
Did you see that nsnake has an RC bug?

https://bugs.debian.org/753241
Yes, already fixed that and am currently waiting for a maintainer
evaluation. Thanks for your concern!
Please read through Debian's upstream guide and the guide for games upstreams:

https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamGuide
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Games/Upstream/
Awesome! Didn't know about the second one.

[0]: http://pyyaml.org/wiki/LibYAML
[1]: https://code.google.com/p/yaml-cpp/wiki/Tutorial