Re: Interested in packaging Glamour for Debian and Ubuntu

> Hi Miriam,

Hi!

> I'm very happy with your interest in packing the game! It would be
> incredible to finally give something back to the Debian community.
> We tried to use only free material in the game. I understand very well your
> concern. Due to the complexity of the Licenses we found no adequate sound
> effects for the game, for example.

Mybe this can help:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Games/Resources/

Though you're right, and the licensing issues can be complex. Of
course, you can count on us to try to find out about any concerns you
might have, if needed, we can also ask in Debian Legal mailing list.

> I talked to the responsible for the art and sound of the game, and he told
> me just the same problem you reported. The website allows the authors to
> change the songs licenses and some licenses seem to have changed.
>
> We would like to fix this problem. We can check each song and font of the
> game, changing the troublesome ones.
> This would take some time, though. I believe we can have a new version
> fixing the Licenses issue by the beginning of April.

That would be great!!! I'm really looking forward to it!!

> We'd also be very interested in the suggestions you might have.

The only immediate suggestion I have would be that I'm currently
patching the game to start in windowed mode by default, instead of
full screen mode. Maybe that could be selectable with a switch in the
command line, or configured in a menu or something.

I don't know if it's just me, but I find that windowed mode by default
is safer. Both from a system's point of view -in my computer, with 2
monitors, any SDL game that starts fullscreen deconfigures them- and
from a usability point of view. It might debatable though, but I think
that the safer approach would be starting windowed by default, and
either changing to fullscreen mode in a menu option, or via a
commandline switch.

Lots of thanks,
Miry