Re: Box2D: providing .pc files even if upstream does not?

I still don't understand how it can be a problem for anyone to have something extra that you can choose to use or to ignore. Yeah, I probably can live with that, if it is so important. I just don't see the problem.

Greetings,
Miry

On 01/03/2014 16:48, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> As the person who added the .pc file to our package, I strongly
> support having it in there even if upstream doesn't support it. I
> think it provides enough benefits for those of us who prefer using
> pkg-config in our building systems, and it doesn't have any drawbacks:
> if you don't want to use it, you can safely ignore it.

naďve question: can you get the advantages of .pc for building this
package by having it in the source but not distributing it in a binary
package? Or, alternatively, using a debian-prefix for the package name?