Re: Box2D: providing .pc files even if upstream does not?

Hi,

On 01.03.2014 17:48, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
[...]
> As the person who added the .pc file to our package, I strongly
> support having it in there even if upstream doesn't support it. I
> think it provides enough benefits for those of us who prefer using
> pkg-config in our building systems, and it doesn't have any drawbacks:
> if you don't want to use it, you can safely ignore it.

Providing .pc files in this situation is fine for me. However I think
the bug reporter made a valid point. You can only rely on the benefits
of those .pc files in Debian based distributions. It has drawbacks for
other distributions that don't support pkg-config for box2d.

If this is not perceived as an issue at all, I will go ahead and upload
the latest version of Box2D during the coming week.

Regards,

Markus