Let's party: current status of our Jessie release goal and next meeting

Hi all,

tl;dr

It's time for another meeting. Instead of doing the usual IRC chit-chat,
I suggest we skip the boring parts and have a party instead. [1]

Preferably this event should last 24h at some weekend in March, so that
everyone around the globe gets a chance to participate. Proposed
topics/actions: JessieReleaseGoal, DebTags, screenshots, bug triaging
and fixing.

Please declare your intention on what weekend and time (or better time
frame) you want to attend. [2] Everyone is welcome.

JessieReleaseGoal
=================

To recall the aims of this goal: It should be concrete, measurable and
easy to implement and of course improve the visibility of games in
Debian. [3]

A while ago I created a wiki page to document the current status of our
internal release goal. [4]
I have now completed reviewing all games in the archive and I'm tracking
all "desktop-integration" bugs here [5] and all bugs not in packages of
the Games Team here. [6]

The bug reports cover: games missing desktop and/or menu files and
packages that provide no desktop and/or menu icon. More than 200 bug
reports were filed.

Internal status
===============

Out of 353 source packages maintained by the Games Team in main only 17
had either no desktop or menu file or both which is pretty good. Most
bug reports were filed because of missing icons for menu files, a minor
and easy to fix wishlist bug.

External status
===============

A lot of "external" games packages didn't provide desktop files and
icons. In total three times as many bug reports were filed against those
packages.

Impressions
===========

First of all thanks to all of you who have already fixed bugs. I think
now we need to create some momentum and fix as many bugs as possible
before the next freeze on the 5th of November. The next meeting is
surely a good opportunity. Please consider to attend and if you can't
attend for whatever reason, please go nevertheless debtagging your
packages. This will support more than just one other goal but especially
the creation of metapackages for games. :)

Cheers,

Markus

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Games/Parties
[2] https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/Debian_Games_Party/