Re: ufoai

Control: block -1 by 762228

On Fri, 2014-09-19 at 11:37 +0200, Markus Koschany wrote:
> On 19.09.2014 07:32, Tobias Frost wrote:
> > Control: owner -1 !
> > Control: tags -1 pending
> >
> > I'll try to review these packages over the weekend.
> > (the package looks huge :)
>
> Hi Tobi!
>
> Thank you for your interest in UFO:AI. Indeed it's one of the more
> complex and bigger games. :)
>

> > (First thing that I saw -- but I don't know how's the best practice
> > in pkg-games, so maybe this is more a question to the list:
> > There is only one ITP filed, but three source packages (ufoai, -data,
> > -maps and -music)?
>
> I presume you wanted to CC debian-devel-games. All e-mails to team
> maintained packages are automatically forwarded to pkg-games-devel but
> most of the discussion happens on debian-devel-games.

Thanks; indeed I mixed those two up.

> > Should the ITP be cloned (and blocking each other) to be able
> > to close a ITP or is it fine to ignore/override the lintian?)
>
> FWIW, I think we should follow Lintian's advice in this case and just
> use one ITP bug to track the progress.
>
> https://lintian.debian.org/tags/new-package-should-close-itp-bug.html
>
> The three data packages are all part of the same game and they had to be
> split because of size and functional reasons but they wouldn't make
> sense without the ufoai source package.

Well the lintian message says "split of an *existing* Debian package",
which is not the case here. On the other side, they are different source
packages, so there would be a point for an ITP.

> > I'll probably also clone this RFS bug to have an per-package tracking of
> > the review process. (unless this is a first-pass-package ;-))
>
> Sure, it is. :P

Challenge accepted* :)
** :(

> Cheers,
>
> Markus

smiling,

Tobi

* I'd really love to improve my first-pass-yield, but this proved to be
hard up to now.

** Just cloned the RFS for -music... (762228)