Re: Packaging from github upstreams

Paul Wise writes:

> On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 7:06 PM, Steven Hamilton wrote:
>
>> Are there any principles or guidelines on how to handle games where
>> upstream is hosted on github or similar hosted git service?
>
> All the things that apply here also apply to other hosting facilities,
> github isn't special.

Touche Pabs. My target is on github so it was forefront in my mind and I
added a qualifier as I'm aware it's the same as everything else.

> If you have more specific questions we can give more specific answers :)

Nope. I'm good. I'll speak to upstream, get him to tag a release and
pull the tarfile down. No ITP filed yet, I'm still analysing
suitability. This is Cave Express from http://www.caveproductions.org
recently made GPL3'd and CC-BY-SA.4.0

--
Steven Hamilton