Re: love 0.9

On 14/03/14 17:50, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> Hi all, First of all thank you packagers and the ftp-master for
> sharing 'love' with us. I read with interest the discussion on
> love
>
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-games/2014/01/maillist.html
>
> There was a reoccurring discussion of mrrescue but seems either
> the game is not packaged or something else.
>
> I looked at :-
>
> $ aptitude search mrrescue $

Hi,
Thanks for the interest in love games. Mr Rescue is only compatible
with love 0.8. I'm currently about 60% of the way through porting it
to 0.9. (my favorite hipster mental disorder as stopped me doing
anything the last two weeks on it). The current situation around love
is this.

Miriam has packaged love 0.9 for unstable although testing is still
love 0.8 for some reason.

Most games are currently 0.8 as there is not much incentive for
upstream developers to port to 0.9 as they can "bundle" the required
love with their windows package and move on. Hence were left porting
to 0.9 ourselves and pushing patches upstream. Naturally we want to
encourage upstream to port for us.

Their may become a requirement to support multiple love versions
concurrently but this hasn't happened yet.

Vapor (love distribution platform) contains a few other quality games
that may qualify for packaging.

http://vapor.love2d.org/