Re: RSF for speedpad

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 12:28:51PM +0200, Salvo Tomaselli wrote:
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/speedpad/speedpad_1.0-1.dsc

> Please Cc me as I am not in this list.

You could consider packaging it as part of the games team.

Some comments about the package:

You're using debhelper 7; versions 9 and up automatically switch on
hardening features, which is a good idea, so I would suggest using that
(even though there isn't any compilation in this package, so it doesn't
really matter; it's more a general rule that higher debhelper levels may
do extra nice things, so I'd never use a version lower than what's in
stable.) In debian/control you have a full version dependency on it;
just saying (>= 9) works fine as well.

The copyright file contains twice the same GPL text.  If the difference
is supposed to be that upstream uses GPL-3 and you use GPL-3+, then
upstream's piece shouldn't contain "or (at your option) any later
version".  However, upstream does include that in their own header as
well, so I would say both are GPL-3+.  You may want to check with
upstream though, as the README says it's GPLv3.

If you do end up with twice the same text, it's nicer to put it in a
separate License paragraph.

Thanks,
Bas