Re: How to fix bugs

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 9:01 PM, Anton Balashov wrote:

> How can I fix bugs? Let's take a simplest case: need to change package
> dependences. My questions are:

Pick a bug open against one of our packages, debug/triage it and come
up with a fix. Commit the fix to the VCS repository for it. Make other
needed unrelated (minor) changes listed on the PTS page. Request that
a Debian member upload the result to the archive.

http://bugs.debian.org/pkg-games-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
https://wiki.debian.org/Games/Sponsors/Queue

> 1. Where I can get last source package? From git?

debcheckout foo

> 2. Who must be as author of the new version in changelog? If not me, how
> to sign the package? Or sign isn't needed?

You should be in the changelog. The person who signs the package is
the Debian member who uploads it to the archive.

> 3. How can I send my version of the package? And what I should do when
> want to send? And what will be after that? :)

Just commit to the VCS and then request a sponsor:

https://wiki.debian.org/Games/Sponsors/Queue

> About git:
> alioth.debian.org doesn't work today for me: ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE
> With http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/ the same situation.
> My friends have the same. But it worked yesterday.

Yes, there is some sort of outage.

--
bye,
pabs