Re: GemRB: unharcoded

Just to let people know, I am indeed looking for a sponsor for GemRB.

I unsuccessfully tried to find one a few times already (including on this list), and I simply stopped trying (but I'm still maintaining the package if anyone want to have a look). I know that there were other packaging attempts with the same lack of sucess in being sponsored... I'm not sure how active they are, though. Personally I would just be very happy to see GemRB available in the Debian archive, whichever package it is.

I've got some feedback from upstream, which seem to be very cooperative (they included some of the patches I wrote, although I haven't even asked for it) and they will certainly be very happy to be officially available in Debian.

There are some details I would love to discuss with some Debian maintainer, regarding some games icons I made and the licensing issue that may arise from them, but that's more a side topic and I would be happy to drop the icons if they are problematic.

Best,

--
Beren Minor