Re: contrib/non-free

On Fri, 24 May 2013 14:04:13 Paul Wise wrote:
> That is a quite disrespectful statement to make. It is especially bad
> in the case of games since their usefulness is subjective.

I apologise if that sounds disrespectful. I didn't want to discourage
anyone -- that's why I've sad that I don't understand it... As for
subjectiveness of usefulness I think you understand what was trying to
say and I hardly expressed something that wasn't
obvious. Unfortunately I wasn't able to say it nicer so I reckon your
suggestion is to avoid expressing that kind of thoughts at all...

> I don't really like it when you package games for contrib/non-free
> but I don't go around insulting you and telling you to use your time
> in a different way.

Actually thank you for saying that. I appreciate your feedback
especially when you disagree (as I would hardly hear from you
otherwise). Would you mind explaining why you don't like me packaging
games for contrib/non-free? I had my doubts about it as well but in
the end I've decided that project that was developed by community for
over decade is worth packaging despite stupid "not-for-sale"
restriction imposed by original developer when they opened game'
sources just before disappearing from horizon.

I think in this case contrib/non-free games that I'm working on are
not evil but rather unfortunate because they can't be truly completely
free...

All the best,
 Dmitry Smirnov
 GPG key : 4096R/53968D1B