Re: freespace2-data-installer

Hi Markus,

Thank you for your generous offer to help. :)

On Wed, 22 May 2013 01:50:50 Markus Koschany wrote:
> On 21.05.2013 11:38, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:
> [...]
> > I also have unfinished "freespace2-installer" package that needs two
> > java dependency library to be packaged...
>
> what sort of java libraries are they? Would it make sense to maintain
> them within the Java Team or are they very game specific and only useful
> in the context of freespace2?

That are exactly the questions that I asked myself. :)

The libraries are "sevenzipjbinding.jar" and
"l2fprod-common-directorychooser.jar" but apparently installer (I
should have call it data-installer) that upstream maintains is not
working (yet?) after refactoring of first (ancient) version of
data-installer.

So at this time we can only offer scripts to package the data as
Debian packages that could be more difficult to do but in the end
perhaps even better.

> Anyway, please ping me if you would like to speed things up.

Thank you. I might ask you for a bit of testing/review when I finish
packaging the data.

Cheers,
 Dmitry Smirnov
 GPG key : 4096R/53968D1B