Re: Packaging Love2d Games

Hi Steven,

On Sun, 10. Feb 19:20 Steven Hamilton <oz@scorch.net> wrote:
[...]
> Thanks for the responses all. After looking over the files in the .love
> package I'm not comfortable either. As you say the graphics look dubious
> and I've also noticed 3rd party lua libs being distributed without their
> own licenses included (Middleclass). I'm going to steer clear of this
> one. It's been a good exercise though.

I have recently discovered "Puzzlemoppet" a 3D puzzle game. The original
game engine was released under the WTFPL license and a third party
project started to contribute free art assets. The art files are
licensed under CC-BY-SA 3.0, CC0 or GPLv3 and are well documented.
Perhaps this game is a more grateful task to start with, if you like it
and want to package a new and interesting game.

https://bitbucket.org/Knitter/puzzlemoppet
http://garnetgames.com/puzzlemoppet/

Otherwise i can recommend this link

http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=pkg-games-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org

Just grab one of the games which haven't seen an update in the last 3 years
(stable/testing/unstable=all blue). Or you can adopt an orphaned package.

http://wnpp.debian.net

Just some thoughts, that's the way i have enjoyed packaging during the
last months. :)

Cheers,

Markus