Dreamweb (was Re: New game for ScummVM: Lure of the Temptress)

On Fri, 08. Feb 22:16 Moritz Mühlenhoff <jmm@inutil.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 07:50:18PM +0100, Markus Koschany wrote:
> > Hello Moritz, hello David
> >

> > I have packaged "Lure of the Temptress" for Debian. [1] The game is very
> > similar to your packages Beneath a Steel Sky and Flight of the Amazon
> > Queen which have been available for a long time in Debian Main. I'm
> > writing to you because i believe you can comment on an non-technical
> > issue with the game which also affects your packages.
>
> Nice, I even packaged that some time ago, but apparently I never
> uploaded it and now I can't find the src package.
>
> I'll sponsor the upload over the weekend!

Great! I have uploaded a new, slightly modified, package to mentors.

> What about packaging dreamweb as a next target? :-)

I had a glance at Dreamweb. At the moment it seems to me the license is
missing a very important paragraph, the right to modify the game and to
create derivative works. I will open a thread at scummvm.org and ask if
this is intentional (most likely) or if the license can be changed to
the one of BASS, FOTAQ or Lure. The game also needs the latest version
of ScummVM, 1.5.

Regards,

Markus