Re: pysolfc

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 8:44 PM, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> The COPYRIGHT files should be fixed now (both in git and mentors). I also
> removed the Replaces, Breaks and Conflicts lines from d/control altogether,
> as the respective packages aren't in Debian anymore -- hope that's fine.

Uploaded.

Some things you might want to look at doing:

Please forward the patches upstream and get upstream to make a new
release that includes them. You may want to also adjust
remove_checks_for_copyright_files so that pysolfc is flexible enough
to satisfy both Debian and upstream requirements. A build-time option
to not install the COPYRIGHT files is needed too.

Please ask upstream to rename pysol.6 so that override_dh_installman
is not needed.

You may want to manually wrap the debian/menu files and run
wrap-and-sort -sa for the other files.

Please talk to upstream about porting to Python 3.

tk-tile is not in wheezy and probably won't be in jessie, you might
want to reconsider recommending it, or maybe you should adopt it or
NMU it to fix the RC bug.

pysolfc duplicates files from several other packages:

http://dedup.debian.net/binary/pysolfc

Automated checks:

https://wiki.debian.org/HowToPackageForDebian#Check_points_for_any_package

lintian:

P: pysolfc: no-upstream-changelog
I: pysolfc: desktop-entry-lacks-keywords-entry
usr/share/applications/pysol.desktop

pyflakes:

vast numbers of warnings

pep8:

vast numbers of warnings

suspicious-source (precompiled translations shouldn't be in the source package):

./locale/ru_RU/LC_MESSAGES/pysol.mo
./locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/pysol.mo

msgfmt:

vast numbers of warnings

i18nspector:

vast numbers of warnings

isutf8:

./scripts/pygettext.py: line 8, char 1, byte offset 15: invalid UTF-8 code

fdupes:

lots of duplicate files in the source package and in the binary package.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise