How to fix bugs

Hi, team.

How can I fix bugs? Let's take a simplest case: need to change package
dependences. My questions are:

1. Where I can get last source package? From git?
2. Who must be as author of the new version in changelog? If not me, how
to sign the package? Or sign isn't needed?
3. How can I send my version of the package? And what I should do when
want to send? And what will be after that? :)

About git:
alioth.debian.org doesn't work today for me: ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE
With http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/ the same situation.
My friends have the same. But it worked yesterday.

Regards,
Anton.