Re: Next Games Team Meeting

Comments:

We've experimented with non-doodle options before, there should be
links on either the parties or meetings pages for previous events.
Alternatively check the Freedombox leaving the cloud wiki page, I
think some were added there.

I'll be at DebConf13 and probably DebCamp, I think that would be a
good general time for the meeting and a f2f BoF.

To me the games team is here to help make Debian fun. This means
improving Debian for gamers, game developers and game packagers. So
fixing games, adding new games, adding/fixing game development
tools/frameworks/libraries. Ensuring that we have fun doing that so
that people don't get demotivated and disappear. Help Debian
contributors have fun so they don't burn out. Promote games to Debian
users. And so on. Since we can't do this on our own, interacting with
the Fedora games SIG and various upstreams.

The proposed agenda looks good to me and enough for one meeting.
Recruitment is a great place to start for the next meeting. I've tried
to be active in this area in the past but got demotivated by existing
and new members disappearing or becoming less active. I like your
ideas on recruitment and I hope someone volunteers to take.

On the jessie release goals; I don't think Debian has enough artists
to accomplish the first one so we would have to look to various forums
for free game devs. Maybe we could write a automated tracker for these
goals, something based on UDD perhaps. I would also add a screenshot
for every game should be a goal too.

http://wiki.debian.org/UltimateDebianDatabase

--
bye,