Re: [RFS] nettoe: New release.

On 24.05.2013 00:13, Mats Erik Andersson wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> to my astonishment a user did file a request for packaging
> the new release nettoe-1.4.2 of this minute leisure toy.
> Well he asked for 1.4.1, but will get the sequel!

Hey, the user is deeply grateful for your very quick response. Thanks a
lot. :)

At the moment i'm skimming through game packages for a blend project and
it will happen from time to time that i simply file a bug report instead
of fixing it myself.

Besides i think we should make it an internal release goal for the Games
Team to add desktop and menu files with corresponding icons to all game
packages that can benefit from them. Even a resized screenshot would be
better than having no icon at all.

> Honestly, the package is deposited at
>
>   http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/n/nettoe/nettoe_1.4.2-1.dsc
>
> should someone have time to spare.
>
> The upstream source uses terminfo nowadays, i.e., libtinfo in Debian.
> The packaging attends to #709447 and #709448 and a fair amount of
> clean-up with regard to packaging mechanisms.

I just built your package here and it is lintian clean, hooray. :)

But...the desktop file isn't valid. You should remove the UTF-8 encoding
key and add a category key like

Categories=Game;LogicGame
Keywords=tic;tac;toe;text;terminal;logic;multiplayer;

Better install the desktop file to /usr/share/applications instead of
/usr/share/xsession.

What about using

http://nettoe.sourceforge.net/images/nettoe_big.gif

as a starting point for an image? I would simply cut out the second to
last letter, et voilà!

Cheers,

Markus