Re: brain party: DFSG-package

On 02.01.2013 08:29, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> Happy New Year. All the best to you and to the games team.

Hi Dmitry, Happy New Year!

>> I usually split the description of data packages in two paragraphs. The
>> first one repeats the most important part of the game description. (To
>> which game does the data package belong?) The second part is about the
>> content. In this case it is remarkable that this collection of minigames
>> ships more than 400 free images and sounds which someone could use in
>> another project. So i wouldn't just install the game because of the huge
>> number of images but would probably pick this _data_ package if i
>> searched for free images and sounds.
>
> I see, it makes sense. Perhaps that's why you've changed "Recommends:
> brainparty" to "Suggests: brainparty" in brainparty-data.
> Very good.

Yeah, sorry i forgot to mention that. I assume most people who install
brainparty-data directly just want to have the data and not the whole
game, so "Suggests:" serves these people better IMO.

> I think we're making too many assumptions:
>
> Copyright year for images is not clear. I might be quite probable that some of
> ~400 images could be published earlier.
>
> As far as I understand to claim copyright we need a copyright statement
> including year, word "copyright", name and probably the scope of copyright.
> Among all of those we can be sure only about name. I'd say the copyright claim
> would be invalid.
[...]
> I'll email upstream to clarify just to be sure.

Thank you very much for CC'ing me. I think asking the developer about
this and the cpu bug is the best way to do it.

[...]

>> Btw can you remove the package at mentors so
>> i can later upload the new package?
>
> Sure, I didn't know you can't upload while my package is still there. Did you
> try? It is now removed.

Thanks. To be honest i didn't try it but i'm sure now it is easier for
potential sponsors to spot the latest package. So let's wait for a reply
and then go the next steps necessary.

Regards,

Markus