Re: Very nice open source game (AstroMenace)

Thank you very much for working on AstroMenace and for the initial
packaging work and also thanks to Boris for getting in touch with
upstream.

On Thu, 13. Dec 15:22 Dmitry Smirnov <onlyjob@member.fsf.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 06:52:36 Boris Pek wrote:
> > After small discussion [1] I can give brief info about current situation
> > with licenses for data files:
> > * There are ttf fonts under own free licenses which compatible with GPLv3.
>
> There are bundled fonts from "fonts-liberation" and "fonts-freefont-ttf".
>
> However source of one font file is unclear:
>
> 	RAW_VFS_DATA/FONT/Ubuntu-B.ttf

I was curious about which font package Ubuntu-B.ttf belongs to and it seems it
is part of ttf-ubuntu-font-family in Ubuntu. However if i understand bug
report #603157 [1] correctly, ftp-masters consider the Ubuntu Font License
to be non-free at the moment. It seems another blocker is that you can't
build the fonts from source with tools in main.

Maybe we can substitute Ubuntu-B.ttf with a free font?

> > * Another part of 3D models was licensed from third-party design studio.
> >   And these files come under proprietary license.
> > Now main developer is going to re-licence these proprietary files under
> > CC BY-SA and to update main file with description of all copyrights and
> > licenses used in program.
>
> The problem is that some files are sourceless, right?

This seems to be the difficult part here.

Regards,

Markus

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/603157