Re: Paths in the default mame config file

> Other changes I made after some deeper testing:
> *    fontpath: removed
> For some reason I still can't figure out, the system fontpath is
> searched instead, at least on my Ubuntu box. Could someone please try
> $ mame -uifont <some_ttf_font_name_here> <some_free_game_name>
> and check whether this works for Debian too?

I can't get it to work either, but it's really a minor annoyance. The
system font path is ok.

> *    ctrlrpath: changed to system-wide entry only
> This configures a device (game controller). I see no reason to put this
> in the hands of the user, unless he's the Admin too ;)
> *    hashpath: changed to system-wide entry only
> Unlike mess, an extensive file for each system is supplied so there's no
> need for custom ones.

ok I agree to these changes
the only stuff I disagree is for the user provided datapaths
I think we have to agree that we disagree here :)
(my rational here:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-games-devel/2012-October/024403.html
)

remember that the datapaths from $HOME/mame, are just searched for, they
are *not* created, so if a user does not want to use $HOME/mame, he can
just put her stuff in /usr/local

Manu