Re: adopt lgc-pg? (was Re: Revival of LGeneral for Debian)

On Fri, 19. Oct 09:37 Jon Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 06:54:08PM +0200, Markus Koschany wrote:
> > i'm in the process of reviving LGeneral and want to adopt it and
> > maintain it as part of the Debian Games Team.
>
> Would you be prepared to adopt lgc-pg on behalf of the games team,
> too? It's similarly orphaned, and the game-data-packager changes
> require it.

Yes, i am. I've already taken care of it because lgc-pg is included in
LGeneral's source package nowadays.
The converter does only exist in stable and was completely removed by
the QA-Team in other distributions. You will need my new package at
mentors which depends on lgc-pg and game-data-packager to test gdp
properly.

I guess it's better to check for the existence of /usr/games/lgc-pg and
to issue a warning if it doesn't exist. Suggesting lgc-pg might also be
a good idea.